Friday, August 29, 2008

Messy Mikes

So here is my first meal post. I made some Messy Mikes (Sloppy Joes) for dinner tonight. I got the recipe from chooseveg.com, but I believe it was originally from "Vegan Vittles." It's basically tempeh and onions sauteed in olive oil with some Bragg's Aminos, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, and mustard. I put it on some 7 grain sprouted bread (toasted) with brown mustard, pickles and sprinkled with ground flax seed for good measure.

I ate my Messy Mike with some kettle chips, carrots, celery, and some ranch dip that I made from silken tofu.

Everything turned out pretty tasty and Cristina agreed. I will definitely make this again because it was quick and easy to prepare. I probably won't put as much Braggs in it though, because it was a little too salty for my taste.

For dessert, I added some nectarine to plain Greek style yogurt with ground flax seed.

No comments: