Friday, August 29, 2008

A fresh start

I've been addicted to reading vegan and bento blogs lately, and I figured that I'd try my hand at a little blog of my own. So here's the thing, I'm not a vegan, but I have been a vegetarian for 3 years now. I don't eat any meat or meat products (gelatin, lard, etc), and when I buy eggs or milk, I make sure to get the free range, vegetarian-fed, organic products whenever possible. I've toyed with the idea of transitioning into hardcore veganism, but I'm not sure if ready for that. I love dairy and eggs, so I don't think it’ll be easy to completely give them up yet. Being vegan is hard, and I feel like I need to do some research in order to be able to healthfully get all of the required protein and nutrients into my diet. With that said, all of these vegan blogs I’ve been reading make everything look so wonderful, so I’d like to add more vegan meals into my diet. I've decided to create this blog to help motivate myself in this quest. I will be uploading the vegetarian/vegan things I eat/cook (veg) as well as my random musings and things going on in my life (stuff).


I've also just ordered one of these nifty lunch boxes from Lunchsense.com. It's not like those cute little Japanese style bento boxes, but the containers it comes with are BPA free and I feel more comfortable using those if I need to go with plastic. I'm trying to find some of the same type of containers in glass for when I pack something that requires microwaving. I do really like the way the containers divide so you can separate out different types of food in their own individual compartments. The set was a bit pricey, but it seemed like the best choice for my purposes. I'm excited to get started!

No comments: