Thursday, September 25, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Today I decided to jump back into my bike-riding routine. I was using my bike to commute to or from work for awhile (I'd get a ride there or back), but an illness and general busyness got me off track for about a month or so. I was glad to get back to it, but of course it ended up being one of the hottest days we've had in awhile. It's only 11 miles one way, but taking all of the other factors into consideration, I've got a tough little ride. Basically the first half of my trip is very uphill and in dessert-like conditions. I thought I was going to melt. The second half is significantly cooler, but that's only because I'm riding into an incredibly strong headwind. I complain a bit, but I'm really glad I went, and I hope to continue my cycling on a regular basis.

No comments: