Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fried Rice

I had some vegetables and eggs that I needed to use up, so fried rice it is! I cooked the eggs first and set them aside. Then, I sauteed some garlic and onions in olive oil. I added mushrooms, fresh green beans, broccoli, and spinach. I added some previously made rice, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, rice vinegar, and a little bit of low-sodium soy sauce.


I usually put tofu in this dish, but I didn't have any marinated so I just had the eggs for my protein source.


For desert I ate some "Happy (almost) Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies" that I made on Labor Day. I got the recipe from Vegweb.com and the only non-vegan thing is the chocolate chips. They were quite easy to make and turned out pretty good. I would love to add some walnuts next time! I also made Cristina some Snickerdoodles from the same dough. I just omitted the chips and used cinnamon/sugar instead. She said they were some of the best cookies she's ever tasted. Not a bad compliment from a Snickerdoodle fiend. I don't have a picture of those because she ate them already!

No comments: