Friday, September 5, 2008

La Sirena Grill

Tonight Cristina and I picked up some food from the local Mexican place, La Sirena Grill.


It's a great place that uses as many local and organic ingredients as possible, and their beans and rice are free of lard, oil, chicken/beef broth, etc. They do serve meat, but they make a point to be certain that everything is sustainable and humanely treated (if you could call it that). Of course I still won't eat the meat, but it's nice to support a restaurant that thinks of such things. I've even seen them take a particular seafood item off of the menu because it was no longer sustainable.

I had the Sirena Fajita plate: "grilled pasilla chile stuffed with herb cheese, herb-marinated bell peppers, onions, and spicy pico de gallo, served with corn tortillas." It was excellent, as were the rice and beans on the side. I didn't really taste the cheese, so I think next time I will get it without.

No comments: