Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pasta on the fly

Tonight was a "throw some stuff together and hope it tastes good" kind of cooking night. I used a soybean pasta that I keep on hand. I buy it because it's extremely low on the glycemic index. It's got 23g of protein per serving, and only 22g carbohydrates (11g of which are fiber). The cooking time is quicker than traditional pasta, and the texture is slightly different. However, out of all of the lower carb/higher protein pastas I've tried, this is definitely amazing stuff. I'm not much of a pasta person, but this is good to have around when a craving hits.


I used some olive oil, garlic, spinach, fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, and the last bit of fresh mozzarella I had on hand. It turned out pretty good and Cristina gave it a thumbs up.

No comments: