Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More running and a Tofu Stir Fry

Did another solid 2-miler tonight. It felt pretty good, and I'm happy that I went out there. On my next run I'm going to add half of a mile to my distance.

For dinner I prepared Tofu in Oyster Sauce with baby Bok Choy and brown basmati rice. I got the recipe from here, but I made a couple of adjustments. I always hog the Bok Choy whenever I'm eating stir fry at a restaurant. They usually only put a few pieces in the dish, so I figure why not make something that features it? I ended up adding 3 bunches of the stuff. I also used Agave Nectar instead of the sugar that it called for in the recipe. I think next time I'll use less of it, because the dish turned out a bit sweeter than I would have liked. Other than that, a pretty good dinner that was easy to make (which I'm definitely a fan of). I was also really pleased with the way the texture of the tofu came out. The outside crisped up nicely and absorbed the sauce very well, while the inside stayed soft. I think using peanut oil to cook it really makes a difference. I sprinkled sesame seeds on top instead of adding the sesame oil at the end. I found it to be a good alternative to adding more oil.

No comments: