Sunday, March 8, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner

Tonight was a veggie frittata from Vegan Planet. Instead of using the recommended tomato/zucchini/basil combination, I opted to go with fresh asparagus from the farmers market, mushrooms, tomatoes, and thyme. It's basically a blended tofu mixture poured over sauteed vegetables that gets baked. While I was making it I had the feeling that I should add extra spice to the tofu mixture, but I followed the recipe. My hunch was right because it turned out a bit bland, but some hot sauce saved the day!

I also cooked up some Fakin' Bacon (tempeh), and roasted some red potatoes that turned out so good. I quartered them and tossed with olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and some rosemary. I baked these alongside the frittata. Definitely my favorite part of the meal.

I didn't get any pictures of my plate, but here are some smaller portions packed up and ready to go for breakfast this week!

1 comment:

liz said...

sound yummy ! i may have to get a copy of Vegan Planet. hot sauce always saves the day, doesn't it ?