Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mexican Fiesta

Tonight I made Hot Tamale Vegetable Pie from Vegan Planet. The recipe called for frozen corn, but I'm not a big fan of corn (unless it's on the cob!), so I substituted pinto beans. It turned out to be a good choice, because it turned out pretty good. Please excuse the pictures, I didn't realize that my flash was turned off.




After consuming some fresh fruit margaritas at one of my favorite local vegan places, I was inspired to create my own. Here's my recipe for 2 amazing margaritas:
-1.5 pints of frozen strawberries
-Juice from 2 large oranges
-Juice from 2 limes
-Agave nectar (I put in maybe a Tablespoon?)
-Tequila
I blended everything together. I didn't have any ice because I don't use it, but the frozen strawberries made it work well. If you'd like to add more ice, feel free. Just add stuff in to taste...you can't go wrong with fresh fruit!

I will never use a Margarita mix again.

1 comment:

liz said...

thanks for the margarita recipe ! i love making margaritas at home and i'm not a fan of mixes. the pie looks REALLY good.