Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pasta

This dish was a combination of two different recipes: Fettuccine Alfreda from VWAV, and another Fettuccine Alfredo dish (vegetarian) from from Cooking by the Seasons. I basically followed the VWAV recipe, but added mushrooms, asparagus, lemon juice, and capers to the dish (as called for in the other book). The sauce and veggies topped a great sprouted grain pasta, and the results were quite good. On the side are cooked beet greens. I bought beets for a future recipe, and when you buy them at the FM they still have the greens on top! I've never cooked them before, but they had an interesting taste. Even though I washed the crap out of them, I had trouble removing all of the grit, so it's definitely something to keep in mind for the next time I make these!

No comments: