Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pesto Pasta

I made a quick trip to the farmer's market in Corona Del Mar right after their annual Scenic 5k. It was smaller than the one I usually go to, but they had some real gems. The first of which were these beautiful heirloom tomatoes:


Now I'm not much of a tomato fan in general (that's what happens when all you get is conventional crap that tastes like cardboard), but these tomatoes were seriously tasty!

I also found this booth with different kinds of pestos, and bought one that has hemp seeds (protein!) and chilies in it for a bit of a kick. I boiled some pasta, threw in the pesto and tomatoes and had myself a terrific dinner. I added TVP for an additional protein boost. I also picked up some broccoli and cauliflower at the market, and sauteed them with some garlic. Yum!

No comments: