Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yummy Asian Salad and Berry Dessert

The inspiration for this salad came from "The Soy Zone" by Barry Sears. I bought this book used a long time ago when I was transitioning into becoming a vegetarian. I haven't looked at it in awhile, but this weekend I saw that there are some great salad ideas in this book...perfect meals for summer.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly (I never do), but the book gave a good guide. To make the dressing, I combined veganaise, tamari, dijon mustard, flax oil, dulse flakes, and minced ginger.

Here's the massive ingredient list for the salad...you can't even see some of this stuff because the salad's so huge: mixed salad greens, cucumber, radishes, blanched broccoli and cauliflower, edemame, garbanzo beans, scallions, baby tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, and home-sprouted mung beans. What a salad! Loved it!

For dessert I wanted to make this "cream" that I came across on the Choosing Raw blog last week. My result wasn't as creamy as I would have liked because I don't have a Vitamix (yet!), but the flavor was amazing. I love that this was so simple to make, and it definitely satisfied my sweet tooth!

No comments: