Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yoga/Swim

Today I had another session of corporate yoga. My company has an instructor come in every Wednesday to run a yoga class. She's really quite good and my strength and flexibility has improved so much over these past few months. She's having a free class/workshop at the studio this Friday, and my boss is letting me leave early to attend. I'm super excited! :)

After work, Cristina and I headed to the local community pool for some laps. I haven't swam in almost a year, so I wasn't sure how I'd do. First of all, I just need to say that I love the pool. It's heated as well as outdoor; so there's no getting into freezing water and no stifling chlorine-filled air. Love it. Anyways...we swam for maybe 30 minutes or so, and I did pretty well. I expected to be breathless and unable to swim more than one or two consecutive laps. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I was.

We had a pre-swim smoothie made of random stuff we had on hand: banana, orange, soy yogurt, flax seeds, stevia, and vanilla extract.


It was a pretty interesting beverage. Cristina liked it, but I'm beginning to think that she may just be really easy to please.

No comments: